Senior Database Engineer
Passionate about distributed database systems, database performance tuning and anything that has to do with Microsoft Azure? Join the Software Engineering team and help us on our mission to empower teams to work the way they want to.
- Respond to database issues and inform management. Follow through and establish permanent fixes
- Prioritize the teams efforts to meet product and project schedules
- Manage resources to ensure departmental growth and objectives are met
- Create and enforce policies and standards
- Create, track and update project schedule, communicate project status to the team members and to management
- Resolve complex problems that have implications beyond your own functional domain.
- Apply best practices in database security, database design, and software engineering concepts
- Experience working with enterprise-level solutions
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to turn business requirements into a technical solution
- Willing to work non-standard business hours as required
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Strong database design and development experience for large databases
- Experience in high availability database systems
- Deep expertise with cloud platforms, such as Microsoft Azure
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- BSc Computer Science or any IT related degree
- English language full professional proficiency
5+ years of experience with distributed database systems
Tell us a bit about yourself